vaulve tick?? maybe timing / cam gears?

i just bought a 90 civic hatch with a jdm b16 si-r full swap with aem adjustable cam gears..

i have noticed since i had bought it that there is a pretty good vaulve tick. consistant with rpms. rpms higher the tick is faster. the wierd thing is that it seems to run fine although the idle is a bit sketchish and when it hits vtec at about 4600 rpms the tick will quit?

i was reading up a bit and seen that if the cam gears are not correct it can cause the vaulves to connect with the cam or something? can this be my problem? i am just hoping this is not a big issue and thought i would see if anybody out there has expierienced this issue? i am on the search to have it retuned and timed so hopefully that will fix the problem. i am not so familiar with hondas as i am with american cars so tring to take it all in and learn.. at this point i am kinda scared to play with the cam gears because i am not exactly sure how they work or how to tune? any input will help if its something pretty simple or if i should take it to a tune shop and pay for it.

thanks

Archived