Buying a Del Sol

chappy444

hello all,

new member here looking for some info and insight.

i have the opprotunity to pic up a 94 del sol with 51,000 miles and auto trans for $1750 (or less)

i have taken a quick look at the car.

here is what i know...

it has been sitting for about 8 years (randomly driven in that time, most recently about 6months ago)

has a ton of stereo equipment installed (not really my thing but the PO used to go to stereo shows and contests)

amps, caps and cross overs in trunk, two 15" speakers behind seats, speakers in kick panels, dash, doors, etc.

inner door window control panels are removed but there (not sure the reason they were taken out)

brake pads look good,

car starts, stops and turns.

body is fair to good...bit of rust in the trailing edge of the rear wheel openings, assorted door dings, etc.

new plugs, oil, and trans fluid last time it was driven (about 6 months ago) also old fuel was pumped out and new fuel added

tires will need replaced, dry rot

i have looked over the common problems sticky topic but i was wondering if there are other things i should look out for?

i don't know much about honda's in general...

how durable is this engine?

what are the common replacement items on these cars?

what are some things that i "should walk" away if i see them?

my oldest daughter is getting ready to start driving and this will probably end up being her car to get back and forth to school with so i want to make sure it will be dependable and something that won't break us with repairs.

thanks for the feedback

Bill

Archived