95 Prelude to 96 Accord F22b1 ob2 swap

oldfartsplayto

OK here is my project 95 lude S body completely stripped inside only wiring is the rear harness (lights, Fuel), front harness (fans, lights). Also have a complete 92 Si body trashed its the donor car for all the H23a1 parts, an the complete interior, new springs, struts, upper control arms. I have a header, down pipe, an cool air intake system to go with the build.

Engines (status)

F22b1 (obd2) 96 Accord 2 door coupe. Runs good

F22a1 (obd1) 95 Prelude S no head needs rebuild

H23a1 (obd1) 92 Prelude SI runs dogged out not sure if good choice (maybe future swap)

F23a4 (obd2)(ulec) 2000 Accord motor total apart. but head is complete.

Transmission

M2L5 5 speed 95 Prelude S

ECU's

P14 automatic non vtec 92 Prelude SI

P12 Manual vtec 95 Prelude S

P05 automatic vtec 96 Accord

Wiring Harness

95 S harness

92 SI harness

96 Accord

Intake, Throttle Body’s

H23a1

F23a4

F22b1

So with the above options any recommendations? Don't have the cash to rebuilt H23 at this time. I was thinking using the F22b1 motor, the M2L5 transmission, 96 accord harness an a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness, the P14. I have been looking at the pin outs for the three ECU's main concerning is the Knock sensor as I'm still trying to see which pin is the knock on the P05 ecu.

The thing that makes me think about using obd2 is the car will not fall under the 96 emission rules.

Thanks for any help..

You can email me at: oldfartsplayto@gmail.com

Archived