Troubleshooting the 94 Del Sol

bap1331

So at first the car would turn off while driving with no problems turning on the car. We replaced the fuel pump with a new one and now the car runs just fine (only turned off while driving once but running well the majority of the time) but now it has problems turning on. My brother tested the main relay and it works just fine. We also replaced the main relay with a new one (then changed back to the old one since it wasnt the problem) and everything is still the same.

Heres what weve done:

=We cleaned the battery with WD-40 and it seems just fine.

=The starter was changed a couple months ago.

=I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. I have a half a tank of gas so theres enough to get it started.

The car started failing last Monday. We were thinking of the possibility of when we disabled the security system (where you scan before turning on with the little device) might have caused the whole problem. The system had worn off and wouldnt allow us to turn on the car but that was 6 months ago. But i doubt it. It may have to do with the communication between the pump and the computer. When we put the keys on the ON position, the pump does not make any sort of noise. We have to move around the sensors on the fuel pump or under the hood to hear the noise.

Archived