starting problems with my crx do to a engine swap plz help!!

brommy02

ok so i baught a d16z6 head for my 1990 honda crx and put it on my d16a6 block. for some reason i cant get it to start. i fount that there is no map sensor on it and realized i have no plug for it on my harness because my old throttle body needed a vacume line. so i put my old intake on the z6 head so that everything was hooked up and it still does the same thing. what it does is, I GOTO START IT AND IT FIRES ALL 4 CILINDERS THEN STOPS. AND IN ORDER FOR IT TO FIRE BACK UP I HAVE TO TURN THE KEY OFF AND THEN BACK ON. SO I AM THINKING THAT I DONT HAVE ENOUGH FUEL PRESSURE BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THIS SWAP HAS BEEN DONE WITHOUT NEEDING A FUEL PUMP. I HAVE SPARK, DESTRIBUTER IS FINE, BRAND NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. I ALSO CHECKED MY MAIN RELAY AND ITS FINE. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS SAME PROBLEM FOR 5 MONTHS NOW!!!!

do you rhink that it could be my fuel pump ??? i was told that the standard si fuel pump would be enough. but i was thinking with a vtec if it lets in extra fuel during vtec it will probably need more pressure right?? i am abviously new at this. i didnt know shit till after i have put three engines in it now. but if you could i need to know all of the possible problems soon cuz i get payed today and im bad with money lol.

• 1 year later...

Have you checked if you're getting air?

If you have spark and fuel, then check to see if you have air going in, and staying in. Did you torque down your head to spec? Did you change the gasket? Are you sure the injectors are shooting fuel into the cylinder? Did you make sure your cam timing is correct? Do you have the right distributor for the new head you put on? Is your distributor rotor facing the right way for the right cylinder?

Did you do your proper research before swapping the head?

Hope those questions help and give you an idea as to what you can do to figure out your problem

Archived