89 prelude si

JoeBarron

Bought a 89 prelude si a couple months ago and i changed all the fluids in it as well got new plugs and wires becauseit doesn't look like it's been on the road for about 5 years according to the stickers on it. It would start at first but wouldn't stay on, I asked around and was told that it cold be a vacuum leak..checked all lines and they looked good and owner did put new gaskets on the intake, but to find out that he forgot to put a gasket at the throttlebody. So i solved the vacuum leak, I tryed to start it and i wouldn't start but it would turn over though. I took out a spark plug to see if was getting any spark, but the plug was wet with gas so it wasn't getting any more spark. I did see that a wire had fallen off the distributor, to me it looks like a ground wire on the outside but I don't know where the other end of the wire connects at or if that's the cause of it or not. Can anyone help me with this, because it's driving me nuts?

Archived