Head cracked!

JesseCuster

Soooo, i have a b16a3 engine (1.6l dohc vtec, 95 del sol) and i had the head taken off and taken to a machine shop to have it pressure tested and he said it has a few cracks in it. Heres the question, first, anyone know where i can get soome good, low price heads. and will another head work for this engine, etc. b16a2 or so on. also, wait no i think thats it. THANKS

you can get refurbished heads on ebay for around 200ish. or you can try craigslist. any b-series head should work but id stick with a vtec head.

i looked on ebay, found a few b16's for sale for 300-400, and none on ebay

so i just decided to send mine off to get rebuilt for 450

turning it in tomorrow :)

if its cracked in numerous places then it may be too deep to fix. look in your manual and see how far your head can be shaved and still be usable. if a shop tells you more than that then your wasting your money. go to hondahookup.com and download the 99-00 civic si manual since the motor is the same i believe. you have to make an account to download it but theres alot of useful info on there.

Archived