new-b

Karlito

Hello to anyone that reads this. Im obviously new to the site so let me give y'all a rundown:

Im from Illinois, and I just bought my first Honda a few weeks ago. I own a 1993 Civic DX with a b18b swap and Ive been pretty happy with the setup so far. (although I am having an idle issue, as well as a bogging down of sorts under light acceleration.) I understand that techie stuff goes in another forum but if anyone reading this has any suggestions my ears are wide open.

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc374/b18b-Karl/?action=view&current=WP_000043.jpg

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc374/b18b-Karl/?action=view&current=WP_000044.jpg

Here are a few pics. I couldnt get them to post in text so its a link to photobucket. So should I adjust the timing at the distributor or adjust the cams gears?

• 2 weeks later...

I advanced the distributor timing slightly.. it seemed to eradicate the bogging problem a bit. It still does it but only for a second under WOT. However, now the idle fluctuates to the point where it seems as if the car will die out when sitting stationary. I would just take it to a shop to get tuned but I spent all my extra money on a project that is really disappointing me haha. OK rant over. So I turn the intake cam (the one closest to the firewall) clockwise to advance, and counter clockwise to retard? I figured maybe a degree on intake only should do the trick I just wanted to run it by everyone first because this is my frist HONDA and I would prefer to err on the side of caution. Thanks for all the info Raley.

{update} removed the valve cover, oil in the spark plug wells. Explains the bogging eh? I replaced the valve cover gasket and the four well seal gaskets. I also applied some thermal gasket sealer. hopefully this fixes the problem...if not anyone wanna buy a honda????

[the oil is sitting in the well where the spark plus screw into. The plugs themselves were almost entirely covered up with oil on 3 of the cylinders. i replaced the gaskets and applied thermal sealer lets see if that helps any.

oh..haha you meant how much for the car and where is it... Gotcha. I dunno looking to get close to 3. Im in Illinois. I figure if I dont have it running properly in a couple weeks im just gonna sell or trade it.

• 1 month later...

Archived