dont work: Cruise control, Horn and SRS light is on.

I <3 My Ej1

Hey guys, im new to this i have a 1995 Honda Civic Ex coupe and im having some minor issues:

My horn doesnt work neither does my cruise control and the SRS light is switched on the cluster, ive checked all sensors and fuses but they all seem to be fine. I put a different steering wheel on from another of the same kind of civic because mine was sun damaged, regardless the horn or cruise didnt work with the stock steering wheel. I did check for any corrupted wires behind the airbag and didnt seem to find any issues. Any advice or comment would be of help.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like the cable reel is bad... Check for continuity across each individual wire of the reel. All three run through the reel so it is a likely cause to your problem. ALWAYS be extremely careful when working with anything to do with the SRS bacause airbags can kill... The wheels/tires must remain straight and should never be moved during the removal or installation of a reel otherwise you may damage it and be right back to where you are currently.

Sounds like the cable reel is bad... Check for continuity across each individual wire of the reel. All three run through the reel so it is a likely cause to your problem. ALWAYS be extremely careful when working with anything to do with the SRS bacause airbags can kill... The wheels/tires must remain straight and should never be moved during the removal or installation of a reel otherwise you may damage it and be right back to where you are currently.

would it be safer if i disconnect the battery? and is the cable reel under the steering column?

Archived