92 honda Civic DX with the 1.5 valve 4 cylinder

BradleyBurrell

I have a 1992 Civic Dx. The other night I was on my way to church and the car just lost all power and cut off. I coasted to the side of the road because of course this is one of the manual 5 speeds. I am just wondering if anyone knows what it could be? I took the timing belt cover off and looked at the belt and tensioner and everything looked fine. No cracks, no flat spots, tension was good on it. I am bout to replace the wires and plugs in the car as it is due a tune up. It has 150,000 miles on it. The car has been well taken care of maintained and all the normal stuff including normal wear and tear has been taken care of. I am an f-15 mechanic for the USAF so I know how everything works with a car as well. I feel that it may be the main relay but I am not 100% sure. I have never had any other engine or transmission trouble with this car at all. So any of the help i could get would be greatly appreciated. Do any of you Think what I am thinking that it could just be something as simple as the main relay??

Check to hear fuel pump, check for spark. If you dont.hear the pump its probably the relay, if theres no spark.id.guess its coil or ignitor (inside distribtor)

Cool thats the other thing I was thinking was just go ahead and replace the distributer while I am at it since its time for the tune up anyways...

So I got the car today and all i had to do was replace the spark plugs, wires, and a new battery. I spent $108.73 to fix the car and bought it for $750.00 because he thought it would never run again. I think I came out pretty well for this little civic and Gas saver deal! I'm so freakin excited. All it needs is a little TLC and it will look like a new car! Thanks for the help!

For non running egs around here you are looking at about 1500 with rust holes, sweet find, now we need pics

I will take some pics of it tomorrow and load them up. There is not one piece of rust on the car. Did I mention that he gave me a set of brand new low pro's with after market rims.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived