New Member in need of help! (Mechanical)

DrGeoz

I currently have a 1993 Civic DX with 5 speed manual tranny. The engine i have now is running fine but has about 200 K miles on it and i was wondering if a 1999 civic coupe 5 speed manual engine will fit onto my '93 tranny. Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using the car for racing or any modifiying...just a commuter car to high school and wherever else i need to go. Just last night, i found out that the previous owner broke the timing belt and i guess he also did a head job. So far, the car's running fine and is averaging 35 mpg. Is that good for this model car and its condition? (I dont know too much about cars as i just started driving).

Thanks in advance.

My 1995 D16 is hitting 190k...no real problems with the car, other than aging parts that needed replacement. Honda engines are pretty reliable, my brother's 90 Civic and my sister's 92 Prelude are beyond 250k. So you should be fine if your just commuting in the thing. If your still running at 35mpg, that's pretty good since the mpg for a 93 DX is 29 city/35 highway.

Archived