Dim Brake Lights

juanbogo

Here is the problem. I have an '06 Accord with the LED taillights. The lights come on fine, but when I hit my brakes, they only light up slightly brighter than the normal taillight brightness. That's most of the time. Every once in a while, the brake lights will light up as bright as they should, but that's not too often lately. I'm wondering if that's a brake light switch issue? and if so, is the switch located near the top of the brake pedal closer to the dash, or at the bottom near where the pedal can be adjusted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The switch is located on the top back side of the brake pedal, it can be adjusted to engage at different pedal positions but not for brightness, more than likely you have a minor short in the wiring somewhere that is causing it to short out at times, or whoever did the led job cut some corners on the installation ?? I would take a volt meter to it..

• 1 month later...

Archived