5 lug conversion for 98 civic cx

moosehunter

I have a 98 civic cx and I'm getting ready to buy some wheels. Also the brakes are almost ready to be changed so i figure now would be a good time to do the conversion. The front brakes are disc but the rear are drums.

What I would like to know is if it's worth even doing the change and what are my options for donor vehicles and last how hard would it be to do it at home?

Jay

I don't have a lot of tools but I don't mind buying as I go since I like working on my car. As far as knowledge I don't have a lot of experience but I'm pretty quick to pick stuff up and follow directions fairly well

Ok, youll need jack, jackstands, a 10, 12, 14, 17 mm sockets and combination wrenchs. A pair of neednose plies, hammer, screw driver for prying, a can of pb blast, antiseize, and i think thats it off the top of my head.

Its pretty straight forward....

What would I be looking to spend on parts? Do I need the breaklines from the integra as well or does the rotor just take the place of the drum? Do I need to change all four (so they are the same) or will the integra parts match the front?

Jay

Umm you need trailing arms, i use to get them and resell for 200, havent looked recently.

Also youll need a propotioning valve depending on your exact car, ive heard rumors but thats another story...

Id get new pads and rotors. Maybe the rubber flex line.

Archived