96 Accord

NickMcIntyre

Quick question. I have a 96 Accord LX. Blew engine. HAD 2.2L SOHC NON-VTEC. Put in same engine but JDM. Cant get it to start. its getting fuel and theres power at the coil but not at the plug wires. had to change the distributor to plug in to my US harness. Any suggestions?

Shaft of the distributor is off 180 degrees? The teeth that stick into the cam shaft are slightly off center, make sure it is on right. It can be installed of 180 degrees and cause the car not to run so check it and rotate to distributor shaft 180 degrees if it is off and re-install. The other likely cause is the ignitor is shot. That is where I would start first given your brief description below.

If you fully installed the dizzy 180 off you have a bigger problem then no spark...

First check grounds, tranny to frame, valve cover to core support, strut tower to battery and most importantly, thermostat housing. If those are all good, dizzy cap, rotor, ignitor or coil.

I Checked the distributor and it will only go in the camshaft one way. also i just replaced the coil, icm, cap, rotor button, plugs and wires. im getting spark and fuel but still no start. about ready to junk the car. ive run out of ideas.

I Checked the distributor and it will only go in the camshaft one way. also i just replaced the coil, icm, cap, rotor button, plugs and wires. im getting spark and fuel but still no start. about ready to junk the car. ive run out of ideas.

Archived