95 eg d16z6 swap

CJB!!!

I had a d15 that was burning oil like crazy so I fully cleaned and rebuilt my d16 and swapped it in with a new clutch bearing and everything. Now it stumbles on acceleration and the stumbling doesn't go away even at cruise. You can even hear the stumbling at idle with slight fluctuation of the rpm needle. It ran fine before the swap just smoke coming out the exhaust. Any questions or ideas?

That's what I was thinking. I'll move the timing belt one tooth and see if I can set it with my timing light. The cam and crank line up at tdc but with the timing light I can't set 16 degrees btdc without slamming the distributor all the way to one side. Its weird

There was one other thing that was irregular, I can hear a tick in the distributor like an extra spark. Its not consistent either, now I checked plugs, they are perfect and I looked at the wires and there is some corrosion on both ends of a few of them. Could this cause a miss like a stumble as well?

Archived