Recommendation for Pilot Tires

I have a 2007 Honda Pilot and I am starting to look for a new set of tires. I still have the original tires at 54k and was told by the dealer they have 5/32 of tread and are still in good shape, but I am getting wary about driving on ice and snow as they get over 60k. I have been looking at Michelin's ltx ms2. They have good ratings but are also on the more expensive side of tires. I know when it comes to tires dont get cheap bc the problems bad tires can cause will costs more in the long run. I just wanted some feedback as to what other drivers are using and what they think about them.

• 3 weeks later...

You need a dual compound tire like the Michelin 2ct's or the bridgstone 021's.

Pirelli makes a dual compound now as well,Dual compound is harder on the center and soft on the sides.I have about 2800 on a set of sport tech M3'swhich is very good.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 Honda Pilot and I am starting to look for a new set of tires. I still have the original tires at 54k and was told by the dealer they have 5/32 of tread and are still in good shape, but I am getting wary about driving on ice and snow as they get over 60k. I have been looking at Michelin's ltx ms2. They have good ratings but are also on the more expensive side of tires. I know when it comes to tires dont get cheap bc the problems bad tires can cause will costs more in the long run. I just wanted some feedback as to what other drivers are using and what they think about them.

Hands down, there's no other option, go with the Michelin LTX M/S2 - expensive, but worth it!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived