Check engine light

Pilvin

I have a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. under 30,000 miles. Recently i got the flashing sign , check gas cap. Then I get the engine icon. I call the dealer and they want $107 to diagnose the problem. Seems pretty pricey to find out if I just need a new gas cap. Any suggestions ?

• 3 weeks later...

^^^

I need to do the same thing with my del sol. check engine light comes on frequently but my mechanic hasn't spotted a problem

if your gas cap was loose, it's an evap code. Probably p1469 or something like that

it just means your EVAP system had a leak. It doesnt affect your driving, only an emissions check.

once you diagnose this, reset ECU and screw your gas cap tight every time.

if your gas cap was loose, it's an evap code. Probably p1469 or something like that

it just means your EVAP system had a leak. It doesnt affect your driving, only an emissions check.

once you diagnose this, reset ECU and screw your gas cap tight every time.

I agree, could be a EVAP system problem for sure. Like others said, go to AutoZone and have them check it out for you, nothing better than free!

Gas caps keep crap like dust and debris out of your tank and your fuel lines which is important, also the cap keeps the gas from evaporating. they're pretty cheap, you don't have to get one from the dealer as long as it fits your car.

Check out pepboys or autozone.

Archived