Honda Civic P1259 error help required ASAP

Steph

I have a civic 51 plate and i am about to part exchange it on tuesday. the engine management has been flickering on and off for a while but never stayed on long so i had this checked as its been on for 3 days now and its come up with P1259 vtec malfunction error code. my mate thinks this is because my oil pump is on its way out but i cant aford to fix it and then sell it a day later. is there anything i can do to stop this light coming on before i sell it to the garage? i want to get as much money part exchange for it as i can but cant afford to repair it. is there any short term repairs i can do? any help or advice urgently required and will be much appreciated x thank you and happy new year. x

i hate to tell you this but you're kinda screwed on this site, we are all from america and don't have that exact model...

oh bummer thanks so much for letting me know i better look for a uk based forum then haha xx

Archived