MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Clarion cx609

bosoxfan1

so i know its a few days after christmas but this is the first chance ive had to post!! my awesome fiance got me a clarion cx609 headunit for christmas and i couldnt be more excited!!! im installing it this upcoming weekend! does anyone have this headunit and could maybe tell me about sound quality or any other cool features that i should know about?

I dont own one, but i have installed a couple and can give my little personal break down on them

In most cases, if your intention is to keep a stock look and feel, this head unit does that nicely. There are no shiny knobs or flashy display. You get a very basic look. . . and the installation is about as straight forward as it can get.

blue tooth function is nice, you can pair up your phone to it. It does have a mic, so its essentially hands free speaker phone. and it will automatically pair it when you enter the car. Sometimes, it can be a pain in the ass to get them to pair together though. Once you get it. It seems to work fine.

The big complaint i have is that although the iPod function is there which is always a bonus, its slow as hell navigating through it on the head unit. Especially if you have a lot of songs loaded to it.

2 volt pr-eouts is a bummer for someone like me, but if you are not planning on running any high current sub amps to it.. . . then it will wont be a factor. If you do plan to, then a line driver may be in your future.

nice, i would like to know if the full double din's will fit in the jdm lower eg console. i know it is a double d opening but the depth may be an issue.

ill let you know i will be installing it this upcoming sunday...i think it should be alright she researched the hell out of it and found out it was made to fit my car, plus it has several mounting brackets that it came with so i have a few different options. im pretty excited about keeping it looking stock cuz i want my car to have more of a sleeper look than be flashy but all the options that it can perform is awesome!!

hey so whats the best mounting spot for the microphone? and as for the usb port i see on the box how does that work? reason i ask is because i was thinking that i would be able to use it in order to hook up my ipad. also wil i lose my little dash cubby since it is a double sized headunit? i hope not i love it haha

hey so whats the best mounting spot for the microphone? and as for the usb port i see on the box how does that work? reason i ask is because i was thinking that i would be able to use it in order to hook up my ipad. also wil i lose my little dash cubby since it is a double sized headunit? i hope not i love it haha

mount the mic on the clip just above the drivers side window next to your head.

as far as the usb port, i dont think its a powered port. Its just to read thumb drives

dont know about ur dash cubby

mount the mic on the clip just above the drivers side window next to your head.

as far as the usb port, i dont think its a powered port. Its just to read thumb drives

dont know about ur dash cubby

well i installed it yesterday and it looks awesome. i did lose my cubby which makes me sad but oh well the stereo looks so good who cares haha. while installing it i was worried id have to go through the firewall to hook it up which i didnt want to do but i ended up running all the wires to the glove box by wires i mean the microphone and the usb port. by the time i was done installing it i was pretty exhausted so i didnt get to play with it much but what i did get to try out is sweet. hopefully ill have time to sync up my phone today or tomorrow.

Archived