Broken hose

b16a hatch

i took off my intake manifold to replace a gasket and in the process i broke a hose that goes from the top of the intake manifold to a little black box under it and i dont know what it is i tried searching everything so if you guys can help me and if you know what it is if would be helpful thanks

engine is b16a

i took off my intake manifold to replace a gasket and in the process i broke a hose that goes from the top of the intake manifold to a little black box under it and i dont know what it is i tried searching everything so if you guys can help me and if you know what it is if would be helpful thanks

engine is b16a

Its the positive crank case vent box..That tube goes from the box into a pcv then to your intake manifold right?...If so replace the cracked tube from a junk yard most likely for free and go from there.

yeah man it does go to the intake manifold i got it replace but i was driving my car with it off was that bad should i of never done that or will it be fine

but thanks your info helped alot

eh the valve works off of vacuum so potentially yes. If it was the lower hose that was disconnected from the pcv then everything would be 100% fine since it'd just exit to atmosphere and pollute essentially.

Archived