Clearing Check Engine Light

GM2000

Is there a way to clear my check engine light without taking it to a shop?

Remove negative cable from battery for a few minutes. Depending on what the problem is, it may stay away or come back immediately? Is this so you can pass inspection?? If they hook up scanner to system even if light is off, I am thinking it will still have information stored (I could be wrong) Personally it is on for a reason and I would take to like AutoZone or somewhere that will scan for free with hand held scanner. Not terribly accurate, but will point you in right direction......

Remove negative cable from battery for a few minutes. Depending on what the problem is, it may stay away or come back immediately? Is this so you can pass inspection?? If they hook up scanner to system even if light is off, I am thinking it will still have information stored (I could be wrong) Personally it is on for a reason and I would take to like AutoZone or somewhere that will scan for free with hand held scanner. Not terribly accurate, but will point you in right direction......

Archived