90 Integra

ShawnTheMenace

I own 2 90 Integra LS's both TAN.. 1's for track & the other is to get the family around.

Well the Family car is acting funny.. It runs great once its been warmed up from the day! Say its been sitting for awhile & we go to leave somewhere I always warm it up til idle is at 1k or under. Now this is the first start of the day. Once the Temp gauge hits a norm operating temp the cars idle jumps from 1k rpm -1.5k rpm acting like its got a vacuum leak.. Shut the car off for a few minutes & fire it back up the problem ceases to exist for the rest of the day.. so as long as you keep driving it! The GF states that itll die sometimes when putting it into Neutral! Whats funny is it does it for her & not me!

My thoughts

-Idle Air Contol Valve (May Need Cleaning)

-Thermostat (Replace)

-Thermostat Switch (Replace)

-Pressure Regulator Cut-off valve (Clogged)

-Purge Cut-off valve (Clogged)

ANY IDEAS?

I'd start by cleaning the throtle body and plate by manually opening the throtle so you can reach in there with a rag and throtle cleaner and get it cleaned well. Spray some throtle body cleaner in the IACV port while you are in there. If not then it could also be the engine coolant temperature sensor has failed (should be on the cylinder head below the distributor cap. A likely cause of your problem. Other then that you pretty much nailed the other common causes for your issue in your post. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

FITV fast idle thermal valve. located under the throttle body with a coolant line going in and comming out of it. remove those 2 lines , the throttle cable and plugs from the throttle body. remove the thottle body. on one end of the FITV there is a plate with 2 screws holding it on. remove that. you will see a round tipped plunger inside surrounded by a white plastic ring with a groove on each side of it , like a flathead screw. using a flathead , wind that white plastic ring in all the way tight again. righty tighty. than put it all back together.

• 10 months later...

FITV fast idle thermal valve. located under the throttle body with a coolant line going in and comming out of it. remove those 2 lines , the throttle cable and plugs from the throttle body. remove the thottle body. on one end of the FITV there is a plate with 2 screws holding it on. remove that. you will see a round tipped plunger inside surrounded by a white plastic ring with a groove on each side of it , like a flathead screw. using a flathead , wind that white plastic ring in all the way tight again. righty tighty. than put it all back together.

It was totally the FICV, thanx man... I cleaned it all up & tightened it back down! its been running awesome since your post.

• 1 month later...

Archived