ls vtec

EK HATCH

well there really isnt much benefit to either but ill list what is.

a gsr head has a tighter "quench" and square combustion chamber to void of detonation. but with a gsr head you are forced to use a gsr intake manifold. thats the only one you can use. a gsr head is usually more expensive than a b16 head and they are more expensive as far as aftermarket parts.

a b16 head will allow you to run a b16 or type r intake manifold. parts are widely available and decently priced. expect to pay at least 350 for a good b16 head. around 500 for one with intake manifold, throttle body, and low miles.

if you go lsvtec you will need the golden eagle conversion kit that has the dowel pins and such. that alone is 150.

if you pm me your email i can email you the tutorial i have saved on my computer. pictures, and text and all. including prices.

you will also need different spark plugs than stock and some other things.

• 3 weeks later...

not always. a gsr head will limit you do only a gsr intake manifold.

a b16 head will allow you to use a type r intake manifold and exhaust.

b16 parts also tend to be a bit cheaper and easier to find

well there really isnt much benefit to either but ill list what is.

a gsr head has a tighter "quench" and square combustion chamber to void of detonation. but with a gsr head you are forced to use a gsr intake manifold. thats the only one you can use. a gsr head is usually more expensive than a b16 head and they are more expensive as far as aftermarket parts.

a b16 head will allow you to run a b16 or type r intake manifold. parts are widely available and decently priced. expect to pay at least 350 for a good b16 head. around 500 for one with intake manifold, throttle body, and low miles.

if you go lsvtec you will need the golden eagle conversion kit that has the dowel pins and such. that alone is 150.

if you pm me your email i can email you the tutorial i have saved on my computer. pictures, and text and all. including prices.

you will also need different spark plugs than stock and some other things.

Hey speed, can you email that tutorial to my email? its r1rider6686@hotmail.com. Thanks

I believe SSR sparked a debate about B16 heads being better than GSR heads overall..

Can't remember what all it entailed. Made a stink about it a long time ago.

the only real thing a gsr head has over the b16 head is quench and the combustion chamber helps void of detonation. thats about it. and yeah it was ssr. i believe he posted the same thing on d-series. org

Archived