Need HELP!!!!!!!! Smoking car NEED AN

Buggy

Ok ill spill everything out . I bought a project car and the head was bad so i got one from the junk yard and it was good. I placed new seals where needed and once i was done i rotated the cameshaft too make sure the values werent hiting with the pistons everything check out fine . I turn on the car and everthing sounds fine then i notice light smoke coming from the headers and block i asume . then i notice light smoke from the radiator and the fan never turn on i had it on for about 15 mins. i dont want to keep buting money in if its something serious . i just declare my loss. and start fresh.

Ok ill spill everything out . I bought a project car and the head was bad so i got one from the junk yard and it was good. I placed new seals where needed and once i was done i rotated the cameshaft too make sure the values werent hiting with the pistons everything check out fine . I turn on the car and everthing sounds fine then i notice light smoke coming from the headers and block i asume . then i notice light smoke from the radiator and the fan never turn on i had it on for about 15 mins. i dont want to keep buting money in if its something serious . i just declare my loss. and start fresh.

what color smoke? only one header by the way.

but i put a new one

you said you got the new head from the junkyard? by chance did you take it to a machine shop and have them check to see if it was warped? or get it resurfaced? sounds kinda like that new head gasket you have put in is no longer new and didn't make a good seal...

Archived