95 Prelude gage problem

livestrongroadie

So I buddy and I were working on my 95 prelude SI and had to jump it to check some things out(I know, should of charged it). Anyway, after jumping it, a grayish smoke came out of the dash and afterward the digital gas and temperature gauge cluster didn't work as well as the radio and clock. Well I found the blown fuse for the clock/radio and that fixed that but I can't find any other blown fuses and I checked them all with my multimeter. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

i would say maybe the gauge cluster bulbs but i think im wrong. dosent that model prelude have the funky gauge cluster thats named the "star wars dash" or something due to the look of it? maybe check the fuses under the hood and replace the fuses for those two gauges anyways. iv had some fuses before that didnt look blown but replaced them any ways and it fixed the problem.

i would say maybe the gauge cluster bulbs but i think im wrong. dosent that model prelude have the funky gauge cluster thats named the "star wars dash" or something due to the look of it? maybe check the fuses under the hood and replace the fuses for those two gauges anyways. iv had some fuses before that didnt look blown but replaced them any ways and it fixed the problem.

Haha, yes, that is the funky "star wars" dash because its level all the way across and both the gas and temp gauges are electronic bars rather than needles gauges. Anyway I already tried to replace the only fuse I could find pretaining to it labeled meter, and nothing changed. I fooled with taking apart the dash too and the box that houses those two gauges doesn't seem to be a solid unit and I can't find away to take it apart to get to any bulbs. On top of that, my manual doesn't show a parts breakdown of it either.

Archived