Trunk Struts?

MChester

Can anyone tell me if the Del Sol, when new, would raise the trunk lid all the way up, once the latch was opened, WITHOUT having to lift it manually?

I know Del Sols never came with trunk pop on the key fob as an option, but mine does with the alarm system I installed. So now I wonder if I get healthy trunk lift struts (mine are barely strong enough to hold up the lid once lifted into position by me), will my trunk lid become a hands free afair once the lid is popped...

Does this make sense? Not sure I'm explaining it real well.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I understand. I can't say for sure. My struts only worked well enough to prevent me from clocking my head on the lid while fishing out the sawed off broom handle I used as the real prop.

Eh i dont think so. I think it was only enough to pop it open.

I know once I put the OEM spoiler on it barely lifted.

Mine just needs a little push and it opens by itself, so then again, maybe it did go all the way.

Can anyone tell me if the Del Sol, when new, would raise the trunk lid all the way up, once the latch was opened, WITHOUT having to lift it manually?

I know Del Sols never came with trunk pop on the key fob as an option, but mine does with the alarm system I installed. So now I wonder if I get healthy trunk lift struts (mine are barely strong enough to hold up the lid once lifted into position by me), will my trunk lid become a hands free afair once the lid is popped...

Does this make sense? Not sure I'm explaining it real well.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

All I have ever had in the last 10 years are hatchbacks and none had struts that would do more than lift the cover less than an inch. On my Del Sol you can barely tell if the mechanism released when the trunk release lever is pulled. Maybe manufacturers do not want owners to get a trunk or hatch uppercut to the chin if they released the trunk while standing at the trunk thus the weak struts. I have rented mini-vans and they have motor driven tailgate releases that slowly lift the tailgate.

Archived