2000 civic ecu

fishindude911

i did a tranny swap on my 2000 civic from a auto to a manual. i was told by doing this i was supposed to have a different ecu. since the swap i dont have cruise control and my check engine light stays on. it throws up codes p1768 and p1753 dont know what they are or mean exactly. im not into performance as its my gas saver since my z71 only gets 10mpg. theres sensors under the hood where the tranny is, like 4 i think, any help would be appreciated

yes, you need the manual transmission ecu. until then your gas saver is may be running in limp mode and your fuel mileage may go down significantly.

im still getting in the upwards 0f 35-40mpg without the ecu, and where would i get one at a reasonable price. and also i had another problem, my ignition coil had just went out and i replaced it yesterday and before the problem the car ran fine with no problem and now since i replaced it when i take off i let out on clutch and start to give it gas then it starts jumping and shaking real bad and the only way to make it quit is to push the clutch in for a sec then itll go away. you can not accelerate through the problem as it gets worse

start with the right ecu, then go from there. auto has a few extra sensors that a manual does not. your ecu is looking for input that isn't coming in correctly. who knows what can happen until that is corrected.

Ebay is a good place to price check, local salvage yards and craigslist too.

Archived