Aftermarket Projector Headlights

Tysofyne

Installed aftermarket projector lights on my Accord. Worked fine for a short while then both went out (only the projector light went out....not the halo, high beam, or turn light). Took the bumper back off and jiggled the wires a bit and they came back on. After a short while, they went back out. The wires get very hot when they are working properly. I was wondering if I could bypass the connects on the ends of the wires and just connect them directly with maybe some electrical tape. I'm new at this so don't laugh if it sounds crazy to you. Again, it's just the main projector beam that's giving me problems. Thanks in advance for your help!

Chances are the projectors are not real projector assemblies and eBay style projector lights. Sadly, you really do get what you pay for. There may not be a way to safely make them work in your application.

I like the way some of them look, and I even have a set on my civic. The lights really do suck and blow out constantly but I only drive this car very rarely and even less at night with this car. Since installing the lights I have driven maybe 1500 miles over 2 years. No more then 100-200 of that was at night and I have gone through at least 4 primary bulbs.

I paid about $200 for them. They seem to be a good quality piece. Is it possible for the projector bulb to draw more power than what the source is giving out possibly burning it out? I really don't want to get rid of my lights so I want to exhaust every possibility avavilable.

Archived