TCS light and stuck in park.

cindi

The TCS light came on and stayed on in my 2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe tonight. I then tried to put car into Drive (automatic) and it is stuck in park. I managed to override it by putting a key into gearshift release so I could put it into neutral and start it but it is still stuck in park once I turn car off and try to shift. Any ideas out there?? Brake switch? ABS Module? Any help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!! :)

... so I could put it into neutral and start it but it is still stuck in park once I turn car off and try to shift. ...

Not trying to be a dork, but this part of what you stated is supposed to work this way. With car in park and car is off you are not supposed to be able to change the gears in an automatic. If you put the key in and turn it to the accessory position the shifter should unlock and you can change gears - if this part isn't working then you certainly do have a problem.

Accord, Civics, Elements and others throughout this generation and the previous did have ignition switch problems. So many problems that there were several recalls issued for them. That would be my first stop for this issue: call the dealer and see if there was an ignition switch recall for your car and if the problems you are having were typical symptoms of this.

ooo...my bad! :) I meant that every time I turn the car back on it is stuck in park.. not, "so I could put it into neutral and start it but it is still stuck in park once I turn car off and try to shift." So...when I turn car on, TCS light on and stuck in park position.

Archived