p0401, p0335, p0741 and lots more problems

lots of problems, not sure if those codes are even related to the problems i got! i can not rev the rpm while in gear over 3500, all it does is bob back and forth trying to go into gear. but if i let off the gas pedal for the rpm to go down, it will shift(take in mind its a 4-speed auto transmission). another problem is i can smell fuel when the a/c is on or under the hood while the engine is runnin(possibly the egr valve is makin it run to rich?). also, my car takes like 3 seconds of turning the key over to start....should crank right after, then sometimes when it starts and idles for a minute or less it will die randomly. possibly fuel filter is clogged or starter goin out? just bought this car and it all just came on me at once...please give some advice, transmission place said that 2 of my sylonoids in the tranny are clogged and will fix the rpm problem.

sounds like you have three problems:

you already have some input on the rpm issue with the solenoids.

a fuel filter could easily cause hard starts and stalling out. it is an inexpensive and easy first step to try.

as for running rich or lean do you have an idea what fuel mileage you are getting? if the mileage is within range the fuel smell you get could just be incidental. if your mileage has tanked then there certainly could be something wrong. you are not actually leaving gas puddles or drips are you?

sounds like you have three problems:

you already have some input on the rpm issue with the solenoids.

a fuel filter could easily cause hard starts and stalling out. it is an inexpensive and easy first step to try.

as for running rich or lean do you have an idea what fuel mileage you are getting? if the mileage is within range the fuel smell you get could just be incidental. if your mileage has tanked then there certainly could be something wrong. you are not actually leaving gas puddles or drips are you?

changed the transmission fluid(only 50k miles on it) i couldnt believe how dirty it was, i work 11pm to 7am so i didnt have time to get the certified honda atf for it today so i dont know if that will help out my torque converter being clean. im really starting to believe the transmission place for once lol. havent checked the mpg yet, does pretty decent but i live in jacksonville, fl so its nothin but stop and go....gonna be kinda hard to measure the mpg. as for puddles...no none being left. any idea where the fuel filter is?hoping its not in the tank itself.

you didn't say what year your car was, but most models of civic are usually under the hood attached to the firewall between the intake mani and battery

you didn't say what year your car was, but most models of civic are usually under the hood attached to the firewall between the intake mani and battery

its a 05 civic lx. ran diagnostics on the check engine light again since i couldnt understand a damn word what the other guy told me. anyways i got X2 p0335 crankshaft position sensor a circuit malfuction codes going off, still the p0741 torque ckt performance or stuck off code, and as well as the p0401 egr flow insufficient....but says X2. cleaned the egr valve so that didnt help. ran the car after fillin up the tranny fluid with proper fluid. so i was driving it and now the car wants to go at 1200-1400 rpm in drive and 2000-2200 in nuetral.

Archived