window

drgmizu

got a question.....wonder if anyone can help...i know it's a stupid question...but before i start to tackle this problem..i want to ask first.....my window jam is all f@cked up on the driver's side....i just got this car and i'm pretty sure it was repoed... anyways....my window goes up at an angle and it keeps going off window jam track...plus...my window is way off...meaning....it's pretty easy to move around..as if it's not locked into place...so....i want to know if it's a bitch to pull apart my door panal and is it hard to adjust my clamps that push my window up and down......oh yeah....it's a 96 civic ex coupe.....all power......please send me some pointers of what not to do and what to look for........other than that....thanx.

ok....it was a piece of cake taking off the door panel and discovering what the problem was....it turned out that one of the two channels that guide the window up and down wasn't bolted on to the frame of the door...which...in return...caused my window to go up in a 45 degree angle.....

so.....i naturally...got the bolt..washer...and locknut...to fix it...hey...no problem....huh.....yeah..right......the rubber channels....are so screwed up...that the window keeps over rididng on the outside of the rubber channel....after about 2 1/2 hours of wasting my time of trying to strategically place my window...it dawned on me that i have to change my rubber channels that guide my window up and down........

now.....since..i'm a poor bastard with a fun car.......what am i looking at for some guy to put in new channels for me in my door...should i go to the honda dealer and get rapped like a prison inmate..or should i find some window guy shop......any suggestions...would be very helpfull

thanx.

yeah.....their shot...so...where's a good place to go to order the rubber channels online.....if u have any resources or links to go to...let me know....also....if anyone knows where to go in or around the covina area of los angeles....let me know

thanx

Archived