2000 Honda Accord factory security system broken?

Crupt

Hello,

I just bought a 2000 Honda Accord from a used car dealership (not honda dealership). All it came with was 1 key, and no remote to unlock the doors. After I asked the guy said I could buy a remote from a honda dealership or online, so I did. I got the remote in the mail, and followed the programing instructions, and it wouldnt work. So I brought it to a honda dealership, asked them to program it, and after they tried, and tried one of their own remotes to program it, neither one worked. And they said it wasn't a problem with the remote, it was a problem with the factory security system, and they could diagnose the problem for $112, and might be able to fix it.

My question is, has anyone had this problem before? Is there a way I can fix this? Or is it worth it to pay the honda dealership to try to fix it?

• 2 months later...

You know what? due to the fact that hondas are on the TOP of the list of "cars being broken into" why don't you save up around 200-300 bucks and get a REAL alarm. Factory alarms are crap, seriously. I'm not saying your car will be broken into but it is one of the cars stolen nowadays, depending on where you live.

As far as your question is concerned, I have no answer for.

Archived