Lowering Springs - Recommendations

OSOLMIO

I am looking for your experiences and recommendations for lowering springs for my Sol. I have only used Eibachs in the past on a previous Del Sol and two Focuses and I don't want to use that brand again if in your opinions there are better out there. With the Eibachs and KYB's the cars rattled themselves into pieces of junk. The ride is not all that good, they are spine compressors and I am not kidding the cars developed ratlles and everything from loose interior pieces to loose mufflers. Are there any lowering springs out there that are forgiving and don't beat the car and driver half to death after each ride?

I do not necessarily want to tuck the wheels and tires under the fenders but that huge empty space between the fender lip and top of the tire just looks bad. I am still trying to settle on a wheel. If the car is lowered and the wheels are, 15" dia, 7" wide with 195 to 225/50/15's with anywhere from a 38-40mm offset do you think will they rub the fender lips?

Thanks

Well i liked Teins with KYB GR-2's, and then on second Sol I had Teins with stock struts and like those. I am going with KSports this time around and will put them on in the next 2 weeks. So I can let you know how those do with Tokico blues.

Im happy with Roadmagnets and the Tokico Blues.

Perfect drop for a sol Only issue is you deff need camber kit for the front due to your off by 3 when you go to get a alignment, Rear is Perfect.

Perfect drop for a sol Only issue is you deff need camber kit for the front due to your off by 3 when you go to get a alignment, Rear is Perfect.

Being off by 3 could have to do with your accident though. No matter how perfect you think it may be 9 out of 10 are never 100% again.

Never heard of Roadmagnets but it is good that I only need a camber kit for one end of the car.

Never heard of Roadmagnets but it is good that I only need a camber kit for one end of the car.

Need of camber kit does not have to do with the spring manufacture, it has to do with amount of drop. Also there is a certain amount you can be off by and still be considered with in spec. However if you want to be 100% perfect and are going 2" or more contrary to any one who will say you do not need it, I say get one. Just MHO.

Well i liked Teins with KYB GR-2's, and then on second Sol I had Teins with stock struts and like those. I am going with KSports this time around and will put them on in the next 2 weeks. So I can let you know how those do with Tokico blues.

Anxious to hear how that combination works. I saw the Samba #2 build and thanks for the photos and laying all the components out. Sorry to sound like some kind of parasite but I want gloss black spokes with a machined or polished lip too. Maybe to be really "original" , uh huh, yeh, I will try to find thinner spokes but I do have to have silver or polished metal somewhere on the wheel...it might be a geezer thing. I cannot get into the newest "thing", completely flat black with a pin stripe around the edge of the rim. It has gotta be a cost cutting thing that wheel makers are selling to the public.

How wide are your wheels? I see that aftermarket, 7" is pretty much all that is available and when I look at the skinny stock wheels that came on the Si, I can't help but think they will stick out of the fenders like some Twin Falls redneck, jacked up 4X4.

Anxious to hear how that combination works. I saw the Samba #2 build and thanks for the photos and laying all the components out. Sorry to sound like some kind of parasite but I want gloss black spokes with a machined or polished lip too. Maybe to be really "original" , uh huh, yeh, I will try to find thinner spokes but I do have to have silver or polished metal somewhere on the wheel...it might be a geezer thing. I cannot get into the newest "thing", completely flat black with a pin stripe around the edge of the rim. It has gotta be a cost cutting thing that wheel makers are selling to the public.

How wide are your wheels? I see that aftermarket, 7" is pretty much all that is available and when I look at the skinny stock wheels that came on the Si, I can't help but think they will stick out of the fenders like some Twin Falls redneck, jacked up 4X4.

These guys have always done me right! Look at that link and see if there is anything you like. I am pretty sure you were the one like me who did not like riding on rubber bands?? I say get a 15X7 and roll on 195\55or50\R15

My link

Also I still have front adjustable A-arms and rear camber kit on the way that were not in pics.

BTW I was born in Jerome, lived in Filer, Gooding, and Wendell so watch yourself buddy!:laugh:

Then we could be related....I have relatives in TF, Jerome, Gooding, Hailey and Ketchum....all semi-good Mormons too. That is probably why my dad left Idy hoe. Hmmm my ex's relatives are from Filer. Were farmers, now I think into racing and car repairs.

These guys have always done me right! Look at that link and see if there is anything you like. I am pretty sure you were the one like me who did not like riding on rubber bands?? I say get a 15X7 and roll on 195\55or50\R15

My link

Also I still have front adjustable A-arms and rear camber kit on the way that were not in pics.

How do you pick a set??? I like the deep or mass lip look of the Maxxim S-906 but then I would like to see the machined spokes with black background Königs and lip in real life. One I could not live with and that is the Drag DR-27 looks like old school muscle car nor do I like the all flat black ones. BUT I do like bolt heads even if they are phoney. The ones with the lip and spokes that stick out past the tires I am guaranteed to shave right off parallel parking, done that.

What I do not want is real soft alloy like the 5Zigen Super Sixes I had. One pot hole and the wheel was completely ruined and was flat in an instant. I can't get rid of the three good ones, still have the bent one, should be an easy recyler.

Archived