horsepower gains

why don't you keep your b16a and stroke it to a 1.9L

use a portflow or JG head and skunk 2 or jg cams. get CTR oversizes pistons, reprogram your ecu. 

that i've seen personally, 1.6L can go as far as up to 1.9L without resleeving the block.  1.8L can go as far as to 2.2L without resleeving.

Buy a stroker crank for a B16 is dumb. Just get a B18C crank and rods.

A B16 head is fine. Unless it is a race car, a JG head is pointless. CTR pistons in a B16 = 10.8:1 = weaksauce

1.8 can't go to 2.2

For 2.2, you have to have 95mm crank and larger than 81mm bore.

81 x 95 = 1958cc

85 x 95 = 2156cc

86 x 95 = 2207cc

Actually you can stroke a B18 to 2.2 and you can go a little bit higher. Crower sells a stroker kit for it so you can go there and look if you have your doubts.

Man, you just love to mess with SSR don't ya? I think he's saying it is nowhere near as effective and almost completely pointless to bore it out that much because the stress on the engine will make the whole damn thing explode. Or maybe im wrong and its just too much work/money/effort/time whatever. But c'mon guys, take a look at SSR's posts, he obviously has at least SOME damned knowledge, he gave you a friggen CC's chart off the top of his head. Think before speakin', or at least show some respect where its due.

why don't you keep your b16a and stroke it to a 1.9L

use a portflow or JG head and skunk 2 or jg cams. get CTR oversizes pistons, reprogram your ecu. 

that i've seen personally, 1.6L can go as far as up to 1.9L without resleeving the block.  1.8L can go as far as to 2.2L without resleeving.

Buy a stroker crank for a B16 is dumb. Just get a B18C crank and rods.

A B16 head is fine. Unless it is a race car, a JG head is pointless. CTR pistons in a B16 = 10.8:1 = weaksauce

1.8 can't go to 2.2

For 2.2, you have to have 95mm crank and larger than 81mm bore.

81 x 95 = 1958cc

85 x 95 = 2156cc

86 x 95 = 2207cc

Actually you can stroke a B18 to 2.2 and you can go a little bit higher. Crower sells a stroker kit for it so you can go there and look if you have your doubts.

You're illiterate. I said 1.8 can't go to 2.2. We were talking about stroking, not stroking and boring. So, a 81mm bore cannot be stroked to 2.2 liters. Sure, it can hit 2.2 liters with a 85mm+ bore, but that isn't just stroking.

I would never buy a Crower crank. Hell, I would never buy a stroker crank at all.

Archived