play?

bluejuice

ive got a an 88 crx si with a d16z6 swap in it and an si transmission and when i stick it in 1st gear it has "play" in it like a normal 5 speed does in neutral. it does that in every gear. when its in 1st i can wiggle it like its in neutral. please help. (and yes im 100% sure its in gear haha)

mine does that in every gear. make sure the shift linkage is fully attached. may just be old wear and tear

yeah it does it in every gear for mine also. but it will go into gear just fine when the car is turned off but i cant hardly get it into gear when its on and running. how do u check the shift linkage and what do i need to look for?

its underneath the car. directly below your shifter inside the car. check the bottom bolt and make sure its secure on the shifting fork. and make sure the mount above it is tight and secure.

thats what the guy i got it from said. how hard is that to replace?

simple pull it off push the new one in and connect the shifter cable back. Had same issue with Neon. but bushing u couldnt just buy it was either whole cable from dealer or nothing.. But than i found about Bugger Bushings for the neon. So look around they dont make booger ones for any honda i seen. but google it and look around for crx shifter bushings. But here the link for the neon ones so u can get a idea

http://www.boogerracing.com/boogerbushings.html

did it for you

http://www.allsuspensionbushings.com/17828.html

hope those work

yeah i got some off ebay same brand adn everything but they were 12.50 plus free shipping and they were "prettier" to say the least haha

thanks a bunch. ill give an update on whether or not they work.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i got some off ebay same brand adn everything but they were 12.50 plus free shipping and they were "prettier" to say the least haha

thanks a bunch. ill give an update on whether or not they work.

ok wel i got the bushings tuesday of this week and i put them on yesterday. and it helped it for the most part but it still wiggles the same in gear. as before when the shifter went as far as it would need to go in order to put it in first then it would move the whole piece that the shifter is connected to even more(not quite sure of the name) the bushings stopped that. i checked the linkage and the stabalizer adn its all on there adn i couldnt spot anything out of the ordinary. if u have any ideas please feel free to let me hear it.

Archived