Integra dies and then starts

pumpkineater59

I have a 91 Integra LS Special. In the last two weeks, the engine has cleanly died when stopping at red light or intersection. The car doesn't appear to have any symptoms before it dies, e.g. no erratic tach or running rough. Once it dies, it starts right up again. The car has 180k miles and the distributor was last changed about 30-40k miles ago. It appears to be an ignition problem. Does the coil and ignitor (icm) comes with the a new distributor?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The ignitor should come with the new distributor sub assembly. The coil I believe on your car is extrenal and therefore should not come with it. If it is internal then it should. I would be looking for a possible vacuum leak as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i was going to ask if you had an alarm, but it seems like you figured it out lol, it usually happens to alot of cars when they have something hooked up and it has a kill switch

Archived