Can you use Civic Parts in a CRV?

So I'm 15 turning 16 in a month. My dad has a 05 CRV that is like brand new. I was talking to a few people today and they were saying that i can buy Civic performance parts for the CRV. Can anyone clarify this, or even post a link to where i can see information on this.

The first generation of CRV was styled after and shared design elements with the civics of that time. Because it was powered by a B series motor it had some minor relation to Civic SI's and Integras. It has since become more so it's own vehicle and has little in common besides having the same manufacturer. It does have a k24 engine which is kin to the current Civic Si k20 and rsx-s. As for parts being interchangable there will not be too much unless you are talking about internal work to the motor.

Just performance and add-ons. There car has about 60k on it, but is in amazing shape because my dad is a clean freak. I don't wan to sound like a dork but i just want it to be louder. And I wasn't sure if i could use Civic performance parts on it.

Certain parts for a civic si or rsx-s will function, making them fit is an entirely different issue since the vehicle is laid out differently. You will either need to do some heavy modification to the parts or search for products made specifically for a crv.

For the record: if all you want to do is make the car louder not only are you a dork but you deserve a kick in the nuts too. Don't be an obnoxious ricer.

Archived