over 300k

solysfams_ek

hey there hf... my gf and i have a 1997 honda civic dx and it has 3250,xxx miles on it now... and its are daily driver for now atleast till i get my s30 runing again...

so we are getting married n april :D... and getting marreid aint cheap lol... so my question is should i start looking for a new engine or not worry about that right now...

If it is running why are you worried? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And getting married isn't an excuse as it is only as expensive as you guys make it.

If it is running why are you worried? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And getting married isn't an excuse as it is only as expensive as you guys make it.

lol....i was jk.. i been unemployed for about 3years i been working here and there and shes been going to school... so its pretty hard for us right now and we have a 1 year old... but about the car... i ben doing tune ups on it every 3 months and taking care of it really good... thanks man for the reply... oh and the exhaust manifold is cracked thats the only thing wrong with it... at least for right now...

Don't worry about the manifold. All 96-00 manifolds cracked. I am guessing it cracked right between runner #2 and #3 right in the middle of the joint where the O2 sensor attaches? Somewhere around here I have a picture of mine doing the same exact thing.

I wouldn't get a new engine, not until I'd ran that old one in to the ground anyway... Just be prepared for it to go wrong I guess in the next couple of years (although you might be good for a long time yet!).

oh ok thanks will see how long it will last me... hopefully 500k lol jk

Don't worry about the manifold. All 96-00 manifolds cracked. I am guessing it cracked right between runner #2 and #3 right in the middle of the joint where the O2 sensor attaches? Somewhere around here I have a picture of mine doing the same exact thing.

oh thats rite i did see ur manifold... i reply to it... thanks guys for ur replys

Archived