B18b1 rebuild

jkm345

i have a 97 b18b1 with 160k on it and was wondering how much it would cost me to rebuild the bottom block. All i need are simple quotes so i can get an estimate on how much to spend, im pretty much doing all the labor myself, but will have a shop hone down the walls and shave the block and head. Also i would like to get quotes on how much it would cost me at the machine shop to hone and shave. Also im not doing any bigger size pistons or anything, just the standard size ones. lately my car seems sluggish so im thinking the rings are wearing down and gas mileage has been terrible! (damns those kids i bought it from, probably raced the HELL out of this baby)!!!!!

bottom end rebuild kit will usually run around 200-400. that is a crank rebuild, rod mains, rod bearings, bolts. no rods or pistons though. its probably cheaper to get a set of vitaras rather than oem pistons.

Archived