click nosie when turning right on bumpy roads

kyleb123

If the noise is a single occurrence and does not repeat in rhythm to the speed of your car you are most likely in need of some new tie rod ends. Nothing terrible, but don't let it go for too long. Eventually it will break and that will be bad news if you are on the freeway doing 70.

Possible sources for your noise:

Tie Rod Ends (already mentioned above, good call)

CV Axles - check the boots on both sides, they should be dry and in one piece.

Lug Nuts - make sure you have 4 on each wheel

CV Axles - check the boots on both sides, they should be dry and in one piece.

Lug Nuts - make sure you have 4 on each wheel

To add to this: Both of these problems are generally accompanied by regularly repeating noise as the source of the sound is a rotating part and the trigger will repeat with every revolution of the wheel. Not in all cases, but that is the status quo.

To add to this: Both of these problems are generally accompanied by regularly repeating noise as the source of the sound is a rotating part and the trigger will repeat with every revolution of the wheel. Not in all cases, but that is the status quo.

sounds like a cv axle.......my tie rods were shot when i bought mine and they never clicked....and even if the shaft appears dry and the boots are untorn, that doenst mean its not messed up. just replaced my passenger side cv axle and the boot was in tact and there was nothing visable to say it was messed up. good luck.

Archived