H22 VTEC

culprit00

Hey Guys I have a 5th Gen JDM accord that come stocked with the H22 motor, now the thing is I dont know when the VTEC kicks in because the engine sounds the same until I redline. Now I kow the VTEC works becuase when I plug out the Green plug that runs to the solenoid the card does not pass 6000 RPM. WHen I Plug it in I can go all the way till the rev limiter kicks in, however I cannot hear the dfference. ( My VTEC solenoid seal/gasket leaks oil as well, can this be why? I know guys who's gasket leaks but you can still hear when thier VTEC engages)

Hey Guys I have a 5th Gen JDM accord that come stocked with the H22 motor, now the thing is I dont know when the VTEC kicks in because the engine sounds the same until I redline. Now I kow the VTEC works becuase when I plug out the Green plug that runs to the solenoid the card does not pass 6000 RPM. WHen I Plug it in I can go all the way till the rev limiter kicks in, however I cannot hear the dfference. ( My VTEC solenoid seal/gasket leaks oil as well, can this be why? I know guys who's gasket leaks but you can still hear when thier VTEC engages)

Supposed to be a noticeable difference at 5200 RPMs. If you're leaking sh*t around the VTEC solenoid, that could be the problem as VTEC is oil pressure driven.

Archived