98 accord trans issue

mt98

I have a 98 Accord,auto trans,4cyl.

When the car is first driven the trans does not want to shift out of 1st gear,when it does it is a slightly harder shift than normal.Does not do it after being driven a while.Trans was rebuilt when previous owner had car, approx. 3 years ago.

It also makes a noise at idle in park and neutral that goes away when in gear,sounds like a bad bearing, for lack of better description.

Any ideas ? Torque converter, trans,bad rebuild?

Thanks for looking

Mike T

The obvious first question: Have you checked the fluid level? And when you did was the fluid a clear pink color or was it a dirty brown or grayish?

Fluid level is fine,fluid was changed 5,000 miles ago, before this started happening.

Thanks

Sadly, automatic transmissions are something I have almost no experience with so I am not going to be much more help.

For the record: Honda apparently had quite a few issues on and off with the transmissions in your generation of Accord.

Archived