2000 honda civic si

civicguy225

i am starting to get very confused. i have a never touched motor (b18) in my civic si i am going all the way but i very confused of what parts as in pistons. cams, should i turbo. i want a high compression like11:1 please help

thanks

If you want high compression, you don't want a turbo. Usually N/A motors are built for high compression.

If you want to turbo your car, you want to lower the compression.

If you want high compression, you don't want a turbo. Usually N/A motors are built for high compression.

If you want to turbo your car, you want to lower the compression.

N/A motors. i want all motor my plan was really not to turbo im talikin what type of parts?

If your are going NA then all or most the parts you need to do is the pistons, adjustable cams, camshaft, valves, valve springs, retainers, intake manifold, throttle body, fuel pump, oil pump, intake, race header, exhaust, ecu, radiator, and so forth. With the brand names just go with whatever you like its all up to you but i say never go with skunk2 or junk2. And have you done a swap cause you said it has a b18 in it if so then what b18 is it.

i am starting to get very confused. i have a never touched motor (b18) in my civic si i am going all the way but i very confused of what parts as in pistons. cams, should i turbo. i want a high compression like11:1 please help

thanks

what kind of B18?

b18c1 thanks for the help :)

Did you swap it yourself or came like that. If it came like that then you lucked up with a gsr. My buddy has a eg with a gsr in his and he has all ITR internals and with just bolt ons and layed down a 217 whp on the dyno. Pretty good for not much done really. But getting ITR internals in your gsr would be a nice set up, but dont think your are going to get anywhere up there with the hp you might be lucky to get to 250 maybe. I mean you can get up there but it would take alot of money and time.

• 2 weeks later...

b16 head and ITR pistons and rods with b16b cams and blox valvetrain will give you a "poor mans type R"

the b16b cams are a little more agressive than the b16a cams and will set your HP rating around 180-185 after a tune. this also depends on the condition of the motor.

also, why are you looking for a higher compression motor?

are you going supercharger?

Archived