skunk2 coilovers

REDBULLx69

i just bought a set of skunk2 pro s coilovers for my 05 civic lx, put them in the other day, and set the perches all the way down in the front, and have a few threads left in the back. i still have wheel gap with stock steelys :'( i can fit 2 fingers under the fender. i did have tein s tech springs in, and now the coilovers dont look much lower. alot stiffer, but maby an inch lower. is there something im not doing right or is this as low as they go? the website said they drop 3 inches and im kinda dissapointed...

Not sure if we have a word definition issue here, but when you adjust most coilovers you do not adjust the spring perch. The shaft of the lower assembly itself should thread up into the bottom of the upper assembly but the perches should remain at the factory position unless you know what you are doing with adjusting spring rates.

the only thing i can adjust on these is the perches. nothing else is adjustable. well that i know of but it really doesnt look like it

heres the front... about 1 thread left on the coilovers ( gotta love the hubs customly painted by yours truly laugh.gif

002.jpg

heres the back...about 8 or so threads left (some guy backed into me today so i have an effed up fender :'(

003.jpg

If you have the full coilover kit it will have looked like these:

t_19311.jpg

Notice how the spring perch is a two part nut, it is not supposed to be adjustable. The lower nut is where you loosen and change the height of the assembly.

Or did you install just the adjustable coil kit and not the full coilover assembly?

Actually, the ones shown on your link are similar. Just a different model line. Picture is a little small to see where they should adjust, but you shouldn't be adjusting the spring perch for height.

On mine the entire shock body is threaded and the lower mount threads onto the threaded shock body. I just rotate the shock body itself to raise the car up and down.

Obviously, we are not comparing identical products so yours just may not function the same. Here are mine. Notice the gold set screw just below the spring perches. On mine I just loosen that and rotate the body. Car goes up and down with one hand.

type1.jpg

yea mine def does not do that. guess i got the cheap rip off brand sleep.gif but idk maby i can fool around with them and see what i can do. maby i can take the bottom perch out to lower it a little more? since theres two i can roll with one. woo lowered 0.002 more inches

Archived