97 F22B1 to 97 F22b2 compatability

Mille-16i

Now I know this will sound really odd but I will explain myself. I want to know if I can use a non VTEC F22 from a 97 Accord LX in place of a VTEC F22 from a 97 Accord LX. My reason I have a 94 EX coupe that just lost a tranny I am going to buy a parts car accord (97 for $400) for its automatic tranny and some other needed body panels I already know that the 97 torque converter is not a direct match but the trans is. Anyways I am gonna have a good non VTEC 2.2 just laying around my house and I have found a 97 LX coupe with engine issues for sale for less than $900 so I was kinda hoping to buy both cars fix the 97 coupe and my coupe and sell the 97 for profit. Sounds like the perfect play if the engines will work now keep in mind I will have the whole donor car at my disposal ECU wiring harness ect ect. let me know what you think on this, I know it is normally the other way around and if my research has told me anything they should work fine but wanted another opinion hate to jump into something half cocked and end up with another dead car in my yard. Thanks

VTEC motors only came in EX trims, not LX. So something amiss there. Either way, it'll work. If you're going from VTEC to non-VTEC you just won't run that extra wiring.

I thought that myself on the EX trim but I am getting the information from the owner who sounded half drunk anyways and I have not gotten to see the car myself so who knows it might be a civic lol cant ever tell with some peeps in the world thanks for answer

I thought that myself on the EX trim but I am getting the information from the owner who sounded half drunk anyways and I have not gotten to see the car myself so who knows it might be a civic lol cant ever tell with some peeps in the world thanks for answer

Well what I said is true, so good luck getting it sorted out.

Archived