'95 LS not starting

greensellssa

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with my Integra. Yesterday on my way to work my car just died out on me while driving. After towing it back to my house I checked to see what was the cause and found out that I had no spark so I knew that the distributor went out on me. I went and purchased a new distributor, rotor, and cap. After installing it the car cranked right up and took it out for a test drive. I turned the car off and on a few times just to make sure that it would start and it did without a hitch. I parked the car and it stayed sitting all night and all day today and when I got in it to take it for a ride about an hour ago the car just turns over but wont start. I again checked the distributor and once again I have no spark. The car turns over like normal not too easily so I don't think that it is the timing belt but I will checking that tomorrow when I have day light. My question to any and all is if it isn't the timing then what would cause the distributor to fry out again? I have a lifetime warranty on it so I will get it replaced but I don't want the same thing to happen again after putting on a second distributor in 3 days. So what would cause it to short out? Would the main relay cause me to not have a spark? Any help is greatly apprecriated.

Chris

Have you checked your plugs and wires, make sure there isnt any build up of residue? Also I had the same issue a few months back, my car just cut off while i was on the freeway, pretty scary lol, anyway it was the distributor, apparently the packs were bad so I just replaced the whole thing and it worked fine.

you might want to check your plugs and wires, if all else fails try replacing the distributor again since its a new & easy job...start from the last place you started...work from there.

Well here is a quick breakdown of what I have checked and eliminated. I checked my plugs and wires and they are in good shape. I checked my main relay and it seems to be working. I read that if you hear a click when you turn the ignition into the on and also the off position that it means the relay is supposed to be good. I didn't see anything wrong with the connectors but it did smell like it was burnt so I am not too sure about the main relay. I checked my timing belt and it is still on there and in really good shape. I'm tempted to put on another distributor but I'm also worried that the new one will go out also if I haven't elimated the problem that caused the first new one to fry out. Are there any other things that could be the cause of me not having a spark??

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived