Oy Vey; Pulsing/Low Idle and Poor Acceleration

mord3th

Okay, storytime:

A couple weeks ago my 93 Civic started running really poorly. Seemed like it was misfiring or something. I changed out the spark plugs and distributor cap/rotor which seemed to fixed the acceleration and idle problems I was having. So I was like, great, problem solved.

Then I took an 800 mile road trip (roundtrip) and on the way back, maybe 50 miles out, it started running terrible again. Couldn't really accelerate on hills (70-80mph) while on the interstate. Terrible vibration and shaking in all gears 2000-4000 rpm and no power. While stopped it will drop to 400-500rpm and then try to recover back to 1000, but never gets above that, although it will start idling at 1500 when cold.

From what I've read it seems like there could be a plethora of problems. Timing, IVAC, head gasket?

Thoughts?

Okay, storytime:

A couple weeks ago my 93 Civic started running really poorly. Seemed like it was misfiring or something. I changed out the spark plugs and distributor cap/rotor which seemed to fixed the acceleration and idle problems I was having. So I was like, great, problem solved.

Then I took an 800 mile road trip (roundtrip) and on the way back, maybe 50 miles out, it started running terrible again. Couldn't really accelerate on hills (70-80mph) while on the interstate. Terrible vibration and shaking in all gears 2000-4000 rpm and no power. While stopped it will drop to 400-500rpm and then try to recover back to 1000, but never gets above that, although it will start idling at 1500 when cold.

From what I've read it seems like there could be a plethora of problems. Timing, IVAC, head gasket?

Thoughts?

Dizzy?

Archived