Car will not start

octavio714

I am having this problem with my prelude 91 si.

The car will start right away when cold. The engine runs smootly, but often, once driven several miles and the engine is hot, if I shut the engine off, and I try to turn it on right away, it will not start....I have to wait a few mins, and then the car will start without problems. I have not idea what is wrong, or where to start looking.

Any help will be appreciated

I am having this problem with my prelude 91 si.

The car will start right away when cold. The engine runs smootly, but often, once driven several miles and the engine is hot, if I shut the engine off, and I try to turn it on right away, it will not start....I have to wait a few mins, and then the car will start without problems. I have not idea what is wrong, or where to start looking.

Any help will be appreciated

I had a Older Domestic that did that and it was the starter. I had to hit starter with a hammer lightly to get it to start til I rebuilt it.

mpearce1974,

the car will crank perfectly, as if it will start normally, so I guess the starter is not the problem.

SebSol,

I was told years ago, this problem is very common with honda cars, so maybe the main relay will be the culprit. I will search this forum for it, hoping to find the solution.

Thanks both for your help

mpearce1974,

the car will crank perfectly, as if it will start normally, so I guess the starter is not the problem.

SebSol,

I was told years ago, this problem is very common with honda cars, so maybe the main relay will be the culprit. I will search this forum for it, hoping to find the solution.

Thanks both for your help

Just for the hell of it the next time it does it open your gas tank lid.

Funny thing in all of the Hondas I have owned, I have never had to replace a fuel relay, main relay, or a dizzy! :thumbsup:

I did however have a hatch that when tank was full it would do what you are describing. I would crack the cap and starts right up. Seemed to do it more in the summer time than winter, thinking vapor lock?? Just try it for the hell of it.

Archived