h23a vtec

TIM_PRELUDE

I have a 1995 honda prelude and going to put a h23a vtec engine out of an accord in it but dont know what ECU to use with

a 5-speed tranny out of an h23a non-vtec

and a h23a vtec engine out of an accord would anybody have any ideas i would really apperciate it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought they didnt make any H23 v-tec since it comes with a lower compression so it could be modified with a turbo. Could be mistaken..

I've never heard of an H23 VTEC either. =\

• 1 month later...

The H23A VTEC (bluetop) was not available in the US, it was found in the Accord SiR wagons. Information can be sparse on the engine, with estimated HP listed at 200 or 215. It is comparable to the H22a4, but has more torque.

I have the JDM H23A VTEC in my 2000 Prelude now. I am currently using my stock ECU. It runs, but gives false misfire codes. I ordered an ECU from Phearable to cure my blinking CEL and run the proper basemap. While I have yet to actually push the car much, I have noticed an overall power increase compared to my old H22a4.

There are those that pair an H23a1 block with an H22 vtec head in order to create an H23/VTEC, as well, which is not to be confused with the JDM H23A VTEC.

• 1 month later...

The H23A VTEC (bluetop) was not available in the US, it was found in the Accord SiR wagons. Information can be sparse on the engine, with estimated HP listed at 200 or 215. It is comparable to the H22a4, but has more torque.

I have the JDM H23A VTEC in my 2000 Prelude now. I am currently using my stock ECU. It runs, but gives false misfire codes. I ordered an ECU from Phearable to cure my blinking CEL and run the proper basemap. While I have yet to actually push the car much, I have noticed an overall power increase compared to my old H22a4.

There are those that pair an H23a1 block with an H22 vtec head in order to create an H23/VTEC, as well, which is not to be confused with the JDM H23A VTEC.

I need help. I recently bought a JDM H23A VTEC. I don't know much about engines myself, but the shop I have putting in the engine is having trouble with the wiring. They said they need a wiring schematic for the distributor so they don't hook it up wrong and blow the computer. Did you run into any similar problems when you did your engine?

Archived