Two problems

hemz86

I have two problems one is much bigger than the other. First of all the lesser of the two is my 98 Dx is suffering from misaligned headlights and i bought the car used so i have no manual how do i adjust the headlights. Second, off and on now my car seems to be making a slight rattling noise coming from the engine bay, the oil is bout 1/4 full and is due for an oil change. Is this causing the noise or do you have any other ideas, seems to be coming from the right side of the engine. Belts were just checked so don't think that it is them. It only happens off and on not every time around 2000 rpm in 1st and neutral but seems to go away after that. Please help

I have two problems one is much bigger than the other.  First of all the lesser of the two is my 98 Dx is suffering from misaligned headlights and i bought the car used so i have no manual how do i adjust the headlights.  Second, off and on now my car seems to be making a slight rattling noise coming from the engine bay, the oil is bout 1/4 full and is due for an oil change.  Is this causing the noise or do you have any other ideas, seems to be coming from the right side of the engine.  Belts were just checked so don't think that it is them.  It only happens off and on not every time around 2000 rpm in 1st and neutral but seems to go away after that.  Please help

You might want to fill your oil up the noise could very well be you valves going nuts because they aren't getting any oil lube up there, and that means bad news.

if your car is still under warranty then take it to the dealership before it runs out...

yeah if i were u i would take it to get fixed...you got a warranty so i would..better then fronting the parts than you

I have two problems one is much bigger than the other. First of all the lesser of the two is my 98 Dx is suffering from misaligned headlights and i bought the car used so i have no manual how do i adjust the headlights. Second, off and on now my car seems to be making a slight rattling noise coming from the engine bay, the oil is bout 1/4 full and is due for an oil change. Is this causing the noise or do you have any other ideas, seems to be coming from the right side of the engine. Belts were just checked so don't think that it is them. It only happens off and on not every time around 2000 rpm in 1st and neutral but seems to go away after that. Please help

1/4 of the capacity? WTF are you thinking . . . Proper maintenance is key

To answer your first question, there are 2 screws on each headlight(vertical/horizontal adjustment screws). Pull your car 10 feet away from a wall, parked on a level surface. Then go about do your bidness adjusting.

Most likely the rattling noise is a loose heatshield. When the car is cool tap on the heatshields, if its loose then thats your problem. When was the last time you had a valve adjustment or any maintenance besides missed oil changes?

Take your car to Honda for the next oil change. They will let you know of all recommended repairs/maint, decline the work & do-it yourself. How do you do it yourself? www.helminc.com - get yourself a factory repair manual.

Archived